- 238 cities across the United States were eager to become the home of HQ2, Amazon’s new headquarters
- Amazon has trimmed down its list to just 20 cities
- An interesting geographical anomaly is the DC area and Northern Virginia
- Four locations are close to the federal government — presumably important because of Amazon’s increasing visibility in the national economy and need to keep Washington on its side
- I’ve found it interesting to see how such a large opportunity has forced candidates want their city considered, to really face up to addressing some of the challenges that are unique to their city
- Every city has these, and by responding to the Amazon RFP, it has kickstarted the thinking for all of these cities as to what might lead to larger improvements in all of their futures
- See this article on Amazon’s second headquarters: The pros and cons of the finalists.
How a child spends the formative years of their live has a huge impact on their future....