- Sleep. Work. Play. Rinse and repeat
- The chart below shows a picture of the American daily routine and how it changes for different groups
- Each bar represents an activity, and they sort by the time of day that most people are engaged in an activity and the color indicates the percentage of people during a given time frame
- So reading from top to bottom you get a sense of a schedule
- The chart is interactive so you can toggle on and off different attributes to explore your own situation.
A Day in the Life of Americans
Click to see the simulated an average day for 1,000 Americans.
This is based on 2015 and 2016 data from the American Time Use Survey.