- Houston and Dallas Texas added more people than any other US city last year – close to 300,000 residents combined
- Charleston, WV, our state’s capitol, just lost it’s status as a city with 50,000 people, our greater metro area still has a count of about 220k
- Florida, Texas and Coastal Carolinas Dominate List of Fastest-Growing Metro Areas
- Attached are interactive statistics that provide population estimates for our nation’s 381 metropolitan statistical areas, 536 micropolitan statistical areas and 3,142 counties.
- The Villages, Fla., a metro area west of the Orlando metro area, was the nation’s fastest-growing metro area for the third year in a row, as its population increased 4.3 percent between 2014 and 2015. It was joined in the top 20 by five others in the Sunshine State: Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Punta Gorda, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford and Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island.
- Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach, S.C.-N.C. (which ranked second nationally), Hilton Head Island-Bluffton-Beaufort and Charleston-North Charleston.
Via US Census