- Incomes vary widely across the United States.
- The American Community Survey is an annual survey run by the Census Bureau which includes questions about respondents’ total household incomes
- The Census Bureau top-codes median household incomes, which means that for places where that median is above $250,000 per year, they do not give a precise estimate in order to protect the privacy of survey respondents
- There is a large overlap between towns with high incomes and high educational attainment
- In 19 states, the most affluent town was also the town with the highest educational attainment as defined by share of the over-25 population with at least a bachelor’s degree, according to recent analysis.
Whatever the new normal becomes, small-business owners will be at the forefront of...