- There are over 1 billion active websites online
- Every single one of them, including yours, is fighting to get attention through content marketing, social media, paid media, and other forms of advertising
- One of the most important factors that is often forgotten is your website’s speed
- 40% of visitors will bounce away if your website is taking more than 3 seconds to load
- Google is also obsessed with speed and now includes it in their their ranking algorithm
- Here’s how to check how your site is doing and 14 tips on how to speed things up.
Free Website Speed Check Tools:
- GTMetrix: A combination of 3 reports – PageSpeed, YSlow and Waterfall. Once you sign up, you can test your site’s speed from 7 different locations.
- Pingdom: A handy waterfall tool that provides you with your performance grade, website speed, page size, number of requests and more.
- Google PageSpeed Insights: An official tool by Google that gives your website a performance score out of 100.
14 Ways to Improve Performance