- If you are an author and want insight into how sales and royalties stack up for print published books vs ebooks – this is a great article.
- Each of the following graphics in the article show what portion of profit authors get vs the volume of sales provided if you use or bypass traditional publishing options
- Unless you are a nationwide bestseller – an author will make a lot more money with profits retained by self-publishing
- So in the end – more is lost in the decision not to self-publish than is gained from a contract with a major publisher
- See the full report on Author Earnings
These highlights are from the source article:
Print vs. Digital Report – Author Earnings