- Overall, the US advertising market grew by 6.8% year-over-year in 2016, a slightly slower growth rate than observed the year before despite it being a P&O year (Politics and Olympics)
- It was a healthy year for TV advertising, as evidenced by a 4.4% year-over-year gain in ad spending, with broadcast seeing slightly more growth (4.6%) than cable (4%)
- The year-over-year growth rate of 13.3% for digital, while faster than all other media, was about 50% lower than the 2015 growth rate of 26.2%
- Studies show that Facebook and Google are hogging virtually all of the growth in online advertising,
- Magazine and newspaper ad spending declined by 9.1% and 13.9%, respectively and radio ad spend was mostly flat (-0.5%).
Via Marketing Charts