- A 5 minute video of inspiration and insight
- In 1983, Steve Jobs gave a speech to the International Design Conference in Aspen – the theme of that year’s conference was “The Future Isn’t What It Used To Be”
- Steve spoke to the way he hired extremely talented and creative people at Apple
- This is where he made the famous quote “We hire people to tell us what to do” vs hiring people and telling them what to do
- The idea is hiring at a technology is not about a “good fit” but people that challenge everything on a daily basis
- Steve was able to get the best and brightest to do things they thought were not possible and not fall in to the trap of of playing it safe
- Today it is rare thing to see this level of determination to hire this level of rebellious talent at startup companies and legacy companies.
Whatever the new normal becomes, small-business owners will be at the forefront of...