Believer. Son. Husband. Father. Friend. Entrepreneur.
Hi, welcome to my website. I’m a serial entrepreneur who loves helping people use technology to grow their business. I’m blessed with a wonderful wife and two amazing children. Enjoy your visit!
I hope you enjoy learning a little bit more about us and look forward to connecting with you. I love meeting exciting new people who live their life with a passion and a purpose.
I live on two websites PaulHelmick.com (personal)
and HealthVentures.info (business)
This is my personal website where I share family photos, fun and interesting things that come across, and reflections on the many mile markers and memories in life.
Health Ventures, is a management consulting firm where we help clients create their digital strategies for growing their business. We have an Internet marketing and applications development team to help our clients. All of my daily posts in the areas of business, marketing and technology are on the Health Ventures blog.
Also you’ll find here some more details on my professional background, press coverage, how we can connect with each other, and some great resources to help you use technology to grow your business and get more done personally and professionally.
Paul Helmick, Founder & CEO @HealthVentures
Paul is an experienced serial entrepreneur who loves helping people use technology to grow their business. He’s known best as being the co-founder and President of CityNet, West Virginia’s first and largest commercial internet service provider.
Paul’s helped start, grow, build, buy and sell a number of high-growth technology companies as well as lead and manage an number of multi-million dollar technology and business projects.
Paul is currently the founder and CEO of Health Ventures, a management consulting company helping companies develop digital business strategies. Paul lives in Charleston, WV with his wife and two children.
- Spectrum Technologies
- Founder & President
- Database & Systems Development
- Healthcare, Insurance & Government clients
- CityNet Corporation
- Co-Founder & President
- First & Largest ISP in WV
- Backed by 4 different venture capital funds
- Conducted acquisitions for growth
- Today CityNet is successful 4th generation company
- DataCorp Communications
- Managing Partner
- IT Security & Data Communications
- Nationwide Sales Agent for AT&T
- Major enterprise nationwide network provisioning
- CornerStone Technology Group
- President, and formerly VP Marketing
- Regional Network & Systems Integrator
- Revenues growth to approach $10M annualy
- Project scopes ranged from $50k to $3M
- Central City Online dba EZNET
- EVP & COO
- Data & Wireless ISP Holding Company
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Managed close to 100 employees
- Managed growth and decline through the .com bust
- Premier Strategies
- Managing Member
- Sales & Marketing Advisory Firm
- Management Consulting, Business Brokerage
- Chat Cable
- Designer, Inventor, Founder
- VoIP Headset Manufacturing in China
- StateNewslines | StateNewswire
- Founder & CEO, Investor Led Startup
- Statewide & Local News Aggregation
- Hyperlocal Mobile iPhone News Apps
- 50 State, Nationwide Network of Media Properties
- Statewide Local Press Release Services
- HME Recovery
- Partnership in startup company
- Developed cloud-based software solution
- Self service tool notifies HME/DME providers when their patients pass away
- Assists in timely recovery of rental equipment
- Produces $2k to $10k/week of recovery for clients
- U.S. Army – National Guard
- Tactical Communications Chief 31V/31G
- 107th Armored Calvary Regiment
- Distinguished Honor Graduate, AIT/PLDC
- Young Presidents Organization
- Network of 8000 leaders in 75 nations
- Served on State Board for WV
- WV Entrepreneur (WVEF)
- Entrepreneurial Education & Networking
- Initiative of US Senator Hon. John D. Rockefeller, IV
- Charleston Chamber, Charleston Rotary
- MATRIC Federal/Commercial R&D
- Executive Director of Commercialization
- Mid-Atlantic Holdings Board
- Develop and structure funding for commercial spin-off companies
- WV Vision Shared, YMCA Board Member
- WV Venture Connection (WVVC)
- Acting Executive Director, State of WV
- Initiative of US Senator Hon. John D. Rockefeller, IV
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- ‘Who’s Who in WV Business’, WV State Journal
- WV Executive Magazine ‘Young Gun’
- Distinguished Honor Graduate, USAR, PLDC
- Distinguished Honor Graduate, USAR, AIT
- Army Achievement & Commendation Medal, USAR, BT
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- International Business Brokers of America
- Recognized by University of Charleston, Executive MBA Program
- Highest ranked guest speaker for 3 years in a row
- Graduate, WVSC, Computer Science
- Graduate, WVSC, Electronic Engineering
- Studies, WVSC, Marketing & Communications
Press and Media
State Journal “Who’s Who in WV Business” Award Video
Who’s Who in WV Business Article
My current projects include:
— Management Consulting
— Digital Business Strategies
Health Ventures is professional services practice providing selected clients advisory services regarding their digital business strategy. We help clients develop innovative technology solutions to capture opportunities and resolve pressing problems.
We also help clients successfully use various internet marketing services to achieve their objectives. Our firm’s mission is to help owners and executives leverage technology to grow their business and serve in an exceptional manner, their customers, employees and owners.
— Patient Alerts for Equipment Recovery
HME Recovery helps home medical equipment providers recover lost equipment by notifying you earlier that your patients have passed away. Most multi-site providers save between $1,000 to $10,000 per week.
HME Recovery’s secure, cloud-based solution is easy to use and works with providers’s insurance billing software. By alerting providers earlier to their patient’s passing, they are able to act more quickly to recover equipment and update insurance billing.
Life as a Serial Entrepreneur
I’m a serial entrepreneur. I can’t get it out of my blood. For over 25 years, through nine companies, I’ve had the phenomenal privilege to have a leading role in starting, growing, buying, selling, and building businesses.
I wake up every morning with an endless supply of enthusiasm, optimism and drive to help other people be the best they can be for the glory of God, by living and being an example of the same.
Since I was 21 years old I’ve had the chance to live that dream every day. Although some times were tough, I’ve never regretted a day.
Business is a Calling
Business is a calling. It’s a challenge. It grows you so fast and teaches you something new every single day. You have the privilege of serving your customers, the responsibility of recruiting, growing and rewarding your employees, and the accountability of ownership.
As an entrepreneur, I’ve been blessed beyond measure with passionate, rich relationships and with friends from every walk of life. I encourage everyone I meet to consider their own unique God-given potential and to focus on a life of high achievement, lasting legacy and contribution.